Hi there 👋😀
Before I describe myself, I’d like to say thank you for even being here in this part of my website and reading this. I don’t know what fueled your curiosity to even click the about link but still, thank you.
My full name is Jaira Anne Marie Y. Tavera. A Filipino-Chinese aspiring photographer currently based in Metro Manila, Philippines and was born on the 10th of January 1997. I graduated from college in 2018 with a degree in Bachelor of Science in Biology. That’s basically all the basic info about me (hehe!).
I’ve liked both science and art ever since I was a kid. My love for photography started during my second year of junior high schools. I like to look at the heavens a lot. Other things I love? Astronomy. Books. Cafés. History. Travelling. Alternative Music. Perfumes. Coats. Rain. Road trips. Ilocos Norte. Dumplings.
Also, here’s some 35 questions that I stumbled upon and had a fun time answering.
1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
— I would pretty much love to live in Paris, London, Sweden and Iceland.
2. What is your proudest accomplishment?
— The only thing that I can think of at the top of my head was the time when I managed to roam around Seoul all by myself and not getting lost lol.
3. What is your favorite book to read?
— Anything that floats my boat, really. sometimes i’m in the mood to read fiction, sometimes history but most of the time i like reading science books.
4. In the evening, would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read?
— Watch a movie or read a book! Night time is automatic “me-time” for me lmao.
5. Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?
— Alaska, for sure! I just really love the cold and snow and c’mon, Alaska is just super charming.
6. If money was no object, what would you do all day?
— Shop, eat and travel haha!
7. List two pet peeves.
— first, people who like to comment on someone else’s body and second, rude people.
8. What form of public transportation do you prefer? (air, boat, train, bus, car, etc.)
— I actually like riding buses (except when they’re overcrowded) and ok another thing about me is despite me liking airports, I honestly don’t fancy airplanes that much.
9. How many pillows do you sleep with?
10. What’s your favorite holiday?
— Christmas! there’s just something warm and fuzzy about Christmas that lifts my mood up.
11. What’s your favorite type of foreign food?
— Chinese and Japanese food, definitely.
12. Are you a clean or messy person?
— I’m a little bit of both, to be honest haha.
13. Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
— Fan Bingbing? lol hahaha I just totally love her and she’s too pretty to play me tbh
14. What’s your favorite fast food chain?
15. What’s your favorite family recipe?
— My mom’s kare-kare and grandmother’s crispy pata.
16. What was your favorite subject in school?
— I liked science although I don’t show it in class haha oh also, i liked our geometry, trigonometry and english classes back in high school.
17. Do you collect anything?
— Enamel pins or any cute pins tbh haha oh and also, keychains.
18. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
19. If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?
— No discrimination of any form is allowed.
20. How many languages do you speak?
— I speak Tagalog, English and I can basically read and write in Hangul.
21. If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be?
— A panda because i eat and sleep a lot lmao.
22. How old were you when you learned Santa wasn’t real? How did you find out?
— I don’t know hahaha I guess back when I was a kid I never actually believed in Santa Claus although I did hang some socks in our house but yeah, I never really strongly believed in Santa Claus back in the day.
23. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
24. Who is your favorite author?
— Louise Glück, Sylvia Path, H.G. Wells, Haruki Murakami, Richard Siken, Michio Kaku and Simon Sebag Montefiore.
25. If you could choose to be one character from harry potter, who would you be?
— Luna Lovegood or Newt Scamander.
26. Would you rather have a photographic memory or gain an extra 40 IQ points?
— Definitely, gain 40 IQ points.
27. Would you rather be an amazing dancer or be great at math?
— Be great at math haha.
28. Would you rather explore a new planet, or the deepest parts of the ocean? Why?
— Explore a new planet. The ocean kind of scares me tbh.
29. If you could play one instrument you aren’t able to now, what would it be and why?
— The piano haha I really don’t know why but I just really want to play the piano.
30. Which historical figure would you most like to be?
— I’ve always been interested in Joan of Arc, Bernhard Riemann, Albert Einstein & Tycho Brahe.
31. If you had to read an entire encyclopedia, which letter would you choose?
— The letter “J” just because that’s the first letter of my name haha.
32. If you could live in a book, tv show, or movie, what would it be?
— The Star Wars universe seems to be a pretty cool place to live in, don’t you think?
33. What’s the best thing about traveling?
34. If you could either be a duck or an owl, which would you be?
— An owl.
35. Is your glass half full or half empty?